Become A Volunteer
Volunteers are the heart of the Vietnamese Australia Museum. Through the support of our volunteers, the vision of the community continues to evolve. Over 50 volunteers have donated their time to fundraise, account manage the socials and curate the historical collections behind the scenes.
Why volunteer with us?
- Gain practical skills and experience in a relevant and complimentary field
- Gain work experience and learn new skills
- Give back to the community
- Challenge yourself in a safe and supportive environment
- Make new friendships and create professional networks
- Enjoy new social and cultural experiences
- Follow your passion in history and cultural settings
Volunteering is a personal endeavour, as The Museum evolves, there will be more new roles and opportunities to contribute.
See our frequently asked questions for more information on how to volunteer.
We’re looking for…
• Digital campaign managers
• User experience designer
• Social media managers
• Photographers + Videographers
• Graphic designers
• Art storytellers
• Writers and copywriters
• Marketers gurus
• Event activation
• Public relations and media
• Project managers
Stories from our volunteers
Frequently Asked Questions
We’re always looking for dedicated volunteers, apply your interest here.
You must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
Vietnamese Australia Museum volunteers come from all ages and various backgrounds.
We appreciate a go-to-attitude. Other important skills are ability to communicate, and willingness to listen and learn.
Important skills such as, willingness to learn, listen and ability to communicate to various team members of experience.
Volunteers are expected to commit to volunteer on a regular basis. Either one day a week or one day a fortnight.
Some volunteering can range from:
- Administrative tasks
- Event activation
- Graphic design
- Developing exhibitions and programs
- Marketing and communications
We welcome volunteers from all types of backgrounds and experience.
All volunteers are required to support the Vietnamese Australia Museum’s mission and adhere to all policies, guidelines and procedures. The Museum is committed to providing and maintaining a safe work environment, this includes in the volunteering training.